Top Reasons to Teach:
- A career in education? With Breakthrough Miami, you can find out whether teaching may be right for you. This nation seriously needs talented, motivated students like you to make a difference. Come give it a try!
- Making a real difference. This summer, you will help others in such a special way. This opportunity is unlike any other service work you’ve experienced. Here, you are totally in charge. Watch how direct your impact is by seeing your students progress over the summer.
- Can’t Forget the Resume! The Princeton Review ranks Breakthrough teaching experience as one of the top 10 college internships in the nation! Two of the 32 Rhodes Scholars named in 2007 are former Breakthrough teachers. These are just some examples of how Breakthrough is nationally recognized as an incredible college internship.Summer Institute 2012 teachers at Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart formed a strong bond with students at the all-girls program, the only one of its kind in the Breakthrough Collaborative network.
- Unforgettable Bonds. You won’t just be a teacher. You’ll be a mentor and a role model to your students. Ask any former Breakthrough teacher and they’ll tell you the same thing: by the end of the summer, you will feel so close to your kids that saying bye will be the toughest challenge.
- Don’t Fold Clothes All Day. Like any other summer job, you will receive a summer salary with Breakthrough $1,500 for a high school student that is atleast 17yrs old and $2,200 for College Students. Why fold clothes or make coffee runs all day when you can be using your mind and creativity to inspire others in a huge way?
- Independence & Support. We want you to grow. So we give you room to make your own decisions about your classes. But we are here to support you, too. Teachers have regular and structured exposure to experienced professional teachers and are paired with a staff member who supports and supervises the teacher’s work and progress.
If you still have a question, Contact Us.